Man, what is up with Europe just being freaking awesome? In Brno, Czech Republic, there is this fantastic bike-sharing scheme. A bunch of cafes decided to get together and create a bike-sharing system within their skew of shops. Here’s the throwdown.
1. For a $16 deposit, you get coffee.
2. You get a lock.
3. And of course, you get your folding bike.
4. You can ride it around all day, like a free spirit.
5. And you turn it in at the end of the day at one of the participating coffee shops.
6. It’s turning Brno, Czech Republic into a biking city, like other biking cities all over Europe.
7. It’s great inspiration for you to turn your own city into a biking city.
The interesting aspect to all of this is that, compared to other European countries, the Czech Republic isn’t as huge on biking. However, it just goes to show you that even in a city where biking isn’t a big deal, you can make it a big deal. Atlanta shops, get on it.
It’s also super important, because this can lead to bigger and better things for Brno! Maybe it’ll turn into a biking city with this awesome idea.
Thoughts/opinions? Think you can implement this into your city? Share with us in a comment below!